Meeting our service
The Local Offer provides information to children, young people and families with special educational needs or disabilities. The information includes support services available in the local area.
It is a statutory requirement to have a Local Offer. The SEN Code of Practice 2015, section 4 explains what it needs to include.
The Local Offer website aims to be accessible. The website should be compatible with screen readers and sentences should be short and easy to understand.
There is a Local Offer Facebook group. This allows families to receive up to date news and announcements easily and quickly. It means families can share information about what is happening locally and where to find support.
What can families expect from the service?
The Local Offer includes information about:
- Education – support in education, including transport.
- Health – specialist clinics, support and advice for children and young people with medical needs.
- Social Care – support for personal care, short breaks and personal budgets.
- Preparing for Adulthood
- Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) – the EHCP process explained, including applying for a plan, transfers and reviews.
- Information, advice and support.
The Local Offer is keen for children and young people with SEND, their families and service providers to get involved. We would love to hear any feedback, comments or ideas. We publish any comments and what we have done to improve the Local Offer.
How do I gain support if I have a question?
Contact the Local Offer Coordinator on 07508 985274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online resources to support
Search ‘Sutton Local Offer’ on any search engine.