Meeting our service
SIASS provides free, impartial, and confidential information and advice. We support families of children and young people with a Special Educational Need or Disability in Sutton. Our staff are IPSEA trained in SEND law. We will inform you of your legal rights and empower you with information and advice. This will enable you to advocate for your rights and your child’s rights.
What can families expect from the service?
We support parents, carers, and young people. We provide a wide range of information, advice, and support including:
- Support in meeting with your child’s school. Here you can discuss your concerns about SEND and get the right SEN Support in place.
- Fostering a healthy partnership between home and school. This ensures the child or young person’s needs are met and any issues arising can be overcome.
- Signposting to appropriate health and social care agencies. Also signposting a wide range of SEND topics.
- Help understanding the EHCNA/EHCP process, guidance for filling out EHCNA requests.
- Support in solving issues with the Local Authority at the earliest possible point. This includes support in Next Steps Meetings and Mediation.
- Information, Advice, and Support in submitting Appeals to Tribunal. We also give ongoing support to find local resolutions before the Tribunal hearing.
How do I gain support if I have a question?
Our service operates year-round (including school holidays), Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Or call us at 0208 323 0462 (please note, during busy periods it may take up to 3 working days to return your call).
Online resources to support
We have a website with resources and information for families: https://www.siass.co.uk/