Maths gives children many key life skills, including number, time and money and we want children to enjoy maths.
Here are some websites with Primary-aged maths activities you could try at home:
- Maths Chase games (Interactive times tables and quick-fire mental maths)
- ‘Third Space Learning’ for home learning skills and activities by year group
Games to play together
There are lots of fun games you could play together, including:
- ‘Pop’ number bond game (ideal YR-2 or for those learning bonds to 10)
- Learning Resources sum swamp
- Card games, like sevens, ‘higher or lower’ and rummy
- Junior Scrabble (great for adding scores, strategy and of course, word-building! Ideal for KS2 children and there are now child-themed versions like Harry Potter.)
- Junior Cluedo
Here for you
If you’d like more ideas or advice to support reading for the child that you’re fostering, feel free to contact Sara Martin, Early Years and Primary Specialist at Sutton Virtual School on email@example.com.