Sutton’s Local Offer Website: for all your SEND information needs.
The Local Offer has two key purposes:
• To provide clear and accessible information about the support and opportunities available locally. These include education, health and social care.
• To make provision more responsive to local needs and hopes. This includes involving children and young people with SEND, parents /carers and service providers in its development and review.
We continue to work together to develop our offer.
What can you find on the Local Offer?
Our website has content about the support for children and young people in the area who have SEND. This includes those who do not have Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans. Support includes education, health and social care.
Whatever you need, we will guide you to the best place.
What does the Code of Practice say?
According to the Code of Practice 4.7 (CoP), the Local Offer must be:
• Accessible (we will avoid jargon and try to explain the meaning of complex terms)
• Comprehensive (users should be told what the criteria is for each service and how to access it)
• Up to date (we will review content and documents regularly. Pages are dated so users know when we updated last)
• Transparent (we will give clear instructions on SEND processes. Contact details will be provided where appropriate).
• Collaborative (we will involve parents, children and young people in developing the Local Offer.)
Samantha Clark – Local Offer Co-ordinator firstname.lastname@example.org